Description of Midnight EA

Forums Strategies and Expert Advisors Midnight EA Description of Midnight EA

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4960
    101011001
    Spectator

    Hey just an update on Midnight for the last week. Running 2.3B on 7 pairs EURCHF,GBPUSD,USDCHF,GBPCHF,GBPCAD,EURCAD,CADCHF. Medium to High impact on all. First three are running off the set files from this forum.
    [attachment=1:3lkw0ajb]MidnightTrades.PNG[/attachment:3lkw0ajb]
    EURCAD was the real stinker here and those last trades on Thursday. I think if you’re aiming for automatic then aim for automating the SL or trailing if you use it. Hard to tell they’re hidden ;) Look at EURCAD it could have made a profit if it hadn’t closed early. Doesn’t make much sense to me either unless the trailing SL kicked in.
    [attachment=0:3lkw0ajb]EURCAD.PNG[/attachment:3lkw0ajb]
    Keep at it man it’s definitely getting better ;)

    #4961
    piyas001
    Spectator

    So what is this. Ea make huge loss … :)

    #4962
    Dominik
    Administrator

    @yadgayan wrote:

    So what is this. Ea make huge loss … :)

    That’s why this EA is still under development. If it’s HUGE loss for you then better stop trading. BTW, your post doesn’t bring anything constructive to this topic.

    #4963
    Acura
    Spectator

    @yadgayan wrote:

    So what is this. Ea make huge loss … :)

    Um, sure buddy, care to share your parameters? Balance, leverage, etc….?

    #4964
    Dominik
    Administrator

    Hi guys!

    New version 2.4 is ready!
    I created 2 set files till now and I’m still working on another pairs.
    Btw, those 2 pairs (EURCHF adn USDCHF) will be also optimized (once more).
    Optimization takes a lot of time, so stay tuned!

    Regards!

    #4965
    101011001
    Spectator

    @Dominik wrote:

    Hi guys!

    New version 2.4 is ready!
    I created 2 set files till now and I’m still working on another pairs.
    Btw, those 2 pairs (EURCHF adn USDCHF) will be also optimized (once more).
    Optimization takes a lot of time, so stay tuned!

    Regards!

    Good stuff! I’ll set this up for the previously mentioned pairs. Post results at the end of the week again :D What’s changed in this version or what should we be looking out for?

    #4966
    Dominik
    Administrator

    @didom wrote:

    @Dominik wrote:

    Hi guys!

    New version 2.4 is ready!
    I created 2 set files till now and I’m still working on another pairs.
    Btw, those 2 pairs (EURCHF adn USDCHF) will be also optimized (once more).
    Optimization takes a lot of time, so stay tuned!

    Regards!

    Good stuff! I’ll set this up for the previously mentioned pairs. Post results at the end of the week again :D What’s changed in this version or what should we be looking out for?

    A lot of things. I’ll try to describe all changes tomorrow :)

    #4967
    calixto
    Spectator

    @Dominik wrote:

    Hi guys!

    New version 2.4 is ready!
    I created 2 set files till now and I’m still working on another pairs.
    Btw, those 2 pairs (EURCHF adn USDCHF) will be also optimized (once more).
    Optimization takes a lot of time, so stay tuned!

    Regards!

    Other currencies can be used with default settings?

    Section4 is out (Hidden_Stops= Replace predefinied Hidden TP and SL with yours fixed (0=Predefinied)). Is it planned or there is something missing?

    #4968
    norrbaggen
    Spectator

    Amazing Dominik was really looking forward to this. Keep em coming :)

    Also i would like to do some optimization. Can you please explain the Range filter settings?

    #4969
    AlexToDJ
    Spectator

    Hi Dominik,

    Thanks for the new version and your continuing hard work. But I did a backtest of the version on USDCHF using the new .set file and got almost exactly the same result as the previous version – small wins and huge losses :(

    I am sorry if I appear negative about the EA, but I can only go by the backtesting results and, before that, the losses I suffered with the live account.

    In any case, I will be following the progress of the EA and hoping for an improvement.

    Good luck
    David

    #4970
    calixto
    Spectator

    Some brokers like LMAX prepeared it’s system for night traders. They are charging swaps when most of Night EAs are starting it’s work.

    [attachment=0:1f78hmty]spec.jpg[/attachment:1f78hmty]

    #4971
    Muz_DJ
    Spectator

    This is usual, then select other broker. Having a broker (ECN!) that is solid and you can trust him he wants you to really make money is key to success.

    #4972
    calixto
    Spectator

    @ChrisWalter wrote:

    This is usual, then select other broker. Having a broker (ECN!) that is solid and you can trust him he wants you to really make money is key to success.

    LMAX (MTF) is kind of upgraded version of ECN.

    #4973
    Semenov
    Spectator

    Hey
    thanks for all the hard work. Are we running defaults on all the other pairs except for the two new set files ?
    thanks

    #4974
    traderfifteen
    Spectator

    I started running a BT on EURCHF M15 with the preset that was posted with the latest 2.4 version but I stopped it since I noticed large losses versus small wins. Running with fixed 0.01 lots the Largest loss is -4.86 and the average win is 0.36 making for a R/R ratio of 13.5:1! To me that is unacceptable. It is worse than the original 10:1 in V 1.0. Any ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 383 total)
  • The topic ‘Description of Midnight EA’ is closed to new replies.